...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thrify vs. Cheap

I wish I had a money tree!
I'm going to come right out and say it.  I'm cheap.  Thrifty doesn't even begin to cover it.  I pretty much buy all my groceries at Aldi's.  If they don't have it, I don't need it.  I can go to the store and feed my family on less than $50 a week.  I know!  I buy almost all the kids clothes at the Goodwill and Mission Mart and Salvation Army Store.  Sometimes(if I'm lucky) I get stuff for myself too,  I can't justify spending regular price for stuff because I don't have to.  And, if you think about it, the clothes you get from the second hand stores are exactly what they re going to look like after you wash them, because they were already washed in the first place! Genius right? 
 I've been shopping this way for so long that I have a hard time buying something new.  Not just clothes, but everything.  If I can save myself some money, then why not do it?  I keep reading these sites that tell you good ways to save money(yay!) and when I click on them just just tell me to do what I am already doing!  Tell me, how is that supposed to help me?  I have the most basic cable plan, channels 2-22 and Internet.  Cut down your cell phone bill!  We split 700 minutes between 3 phones and we don't have any phone Internet!  We do have two car payments, but with our schedules it really is a necessity to have 2 cars.  Other than the car payments we have no other really outstanding debt!  Just normal monthly bills!  I really wish some of these financial analysts could tell me real ways to save, because I'm already a cheap bastard! lol  I guess I'll just keep plugging along and doing what I do, so someday I'll come out ahead right?  Maybe I'll just start making my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)