...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Monday, October 1, 2012

Thrift Store Score 5: Something's Fishy

Thrift Store Score is probably my most favoritest thing to post about!  I love sharing all the great(and cheap)  stuff I get while thrifting.
For example, I got 4 fishy placemats for the low, low price of $0.99.  A steal if you ask me.  Especially after seeing this post by Sweet Verbena.  She is brilliant!
Here is a pic of 3 of the 4.  I got such a deal on them because one had a hole and the others had small stains on them.  The best part?  The stains came right out when I washed them!
(Don't mind the crappy pics, I was taking them after bedtime)
 
I decided to make 2 of them into pillows for my living room.  Something colorful and whimsical to add fun to my beachy cottage.
 

 
All I did was seam rip part of the tail, and add stuffing from the old worn out pillows, sew it up and TA-DA...new fishy pillows!
 
 
They are super cute too!
(Don't mind my old worn out couch, I'm too cheap to get a new one yet.)
I'm waiting til my kids grow up.
That's what I keep telling myself anyway...
Think of what you could do with a placemat!
I'm making one into a purse...fun huh?
Thanks for reading!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)