...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Sunday, May 20, 2012

I've got Something in my Pocket

Remember when I showed you how to make the Shabby Chick Ruffle Crossbody bag here? Well, now I'm going to show you how to add a pocket to the inside, before you sew it up.  I will add a link to this post on that one here in a bit.  The best part is that you do not need any extra fabric, you just use the extra lining fabric.  I do not know of a way to add the pocket after you sew up the bag...so, if you ant one you better not forget.  :)
I usually cut a piece of fabric the is 10x8.

Next, I fold it in half, right sides together and sew up the two short sides.  Then I turn it right side out and iron it, tucking in the open end and ironing it flat also.
 Then I sew across the opening with a decorative stitch, to make it pretty. But any stitch will do.
 So, essentially now you have a square of fabric with no un-finished ends.  I pin it on in exactly the place I want it to be and sew it on.
 I finish off the corners of the pocket opening with little triangles.  It gives added strength to the pocket.
 There you have it, pocket!
 Thanks for reading!
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)