...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Mustache you a Question

I don't know what the new craze is all about...
Mustaches.
I have no idea why tween girls (my daughter) and the blogosphere in general are totally and completely obsessed with them.
I do agree that the "not live" version is kinds cute and sweet in all it's plastic and tiny, not hairy, glory.
But in real life...yuck.
I mean it...yuck.
However, she still wants little mustaches to decorate herself and her crew.  So, instead of spending my hard earned cash on the plethora of mustache themed stuff, I decided to make my own.
I made
earrings
t shirts
skirts
necklaces
bracelets
you name it
I made it.
I really think the skirt turned out wonderful...now I just need her to model it for you.
The t shirts were by far my favorite!
I used a large fabric stamp that I got at Hobby Lobby and black acrylic paint that I mixed with fabric medium to make it permanent.  They turned out better than I even imagined.  My daughter loves them.  She wants every color.  :)
Then she wanted me to make her some earrings.  I got these lovely beads on etsy.  They came in tons of colors and were so reasonably priced.  She gets every color and there are lots of extras!!
There is actually a bright blue that I forgot to photograph!  These are such fun in brights and neons.  And they are plastic so very lightweight and easy to wear.
Neon pink is my favorite!!
I got her this super sweet mustache on etsy too!  It is made with resin and sprinkles.  She totally loves it!!!
(though I still have no idea why)
 
Thanks for reading!!
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)