...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Thursday, June 14, 2012

150 minutes!?! Really?!

I learned something new yesterday.
In order for your workout to be considered a "weight -loss" aid, you have to work out for 150 minutes a week!
I am shocked.
Really.
I thought that my 3 x a week for 30 minutes was great.
Well...not so much.
So, this week I have gone to the gym twice, to the tune of an hour.
1/2 hour on the elliptical then 1/2 hour on the bike.
It is really not that that bad because of the Kindle Fire.  I get to read and listen to music, all while working out.  The time really flies.  :)
And, guess what?
Down another 3 lbs!
WOOHOO!
(I actually think I gained a tad over the winter, but that is irrelevant.)
My diabetes is slowly coming into better control, and I'm trying to live a healthier life.  So far...okay.
I'm even getting my follow-up appt next week at my doctors office.
(I cancelled in Nov and never rescheduled, bad, I know.)
I'm so glad I'm finally wanting to do this, and it is really hard...I wish I had done it years ago.  Oh well.
Keep on the lookout for a new idea for old cardboard boxes!  It's gonna be swell!
:D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)