...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Now where do I keep the Mugs?

Mug Holder Re-Do
I got a little creative on my own today also.  I got my inspiration from this blog, Lil Blue Boo.  She makes it awesome with her vinyl cutter...alas I do not have one, so I had to make do with stickers!  They turned out awesome regardless!!

Here's what you need

Mug Holder
Sandpaper
Spray paint in color you like
and clear varnish
Stickers
Some free time:)

First of all I'd like to say that these mug holders were a score at 50 cents for one and a dollar for the other.  Then I had to get the stickers($3.99).  They were the most expensive part.  I actually already had the paint. 

First I sanded the holders.  That was the hard part.  All those funny angles and crevices.  (Don't skip this part, it really makes it better)  Thanks to my DH for the sanding advice.  He knows more about that stuff than I do.  Then I painted, and painted, and painted...and painted.   With spray paint it is best to put lots of light coats on it.  So needless to say I actually started these last night.  Follow the directions on the paint cans for the best results.  Don't they look pretty?  Thanks lil blue boo!  :D

One for Reilly and one for her friend Frankie's Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)