...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Life Changing Event

So, I haven't blogged in awhile.  Things have taken a decided turn for the negative.  I've tried my hardest to overcome my food addiction, and I fail.  I fail every day( I feel).  And now I have to do what I hoped I'd never have to do again....
Inject insulin.

There's my pen.
I have to inject myself every night before bed.  Not as bad as I remember it being.  Kind of expensive though.  It just seems that all my hard work is for naught.
I feel like I failed.
The truth is that I didn't fail, my body did.  All the time I told myself that a little cheating was OK, caused this.  I may or may not have been born this way, but I definitely made it worse with my sweet tooth.
There are lots of things I wish I could do over in life, this is most definitely one of them.
They say that this type of diabetes is hereditary.  I hope my children never have to go through any of this.  I would never wish diabetes on my worst enemy.
I wonder if I had lived my life a lot differently would I be well?
or
Would I always have this disease that will probably end my life?

All I know, is that I went to the movies today...and I cheated...a lot.
again...
as usual...
but the movie was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)