...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Super Easy Diaper & Wipes Clutch


I don't know about you guys, but I always seem to forget stuff.  I'm on my way out the door, to run errands or hit the gym and I get there and realize, duh.  No diaper bag.
My sons favorite thing to do at the gym is poo in his pants.
Almost. every. time.
So, I decided that I needed a little bag I could leave in the car for those "just-in-case"  moments.
The best part?  It only took 30 min from start to finish!

SUPPLIES
2 fat quarters
Something for stability(fleece, felt, interfacing)
2 inch piece of Velcro
serger(not required, but makes it easier)
and 30 minutes of time.
Nap time is more than enough.  :)
First thing you do, is cut out a 16x12 inch piece of each fabric and the interfacing.  I used a size 6 diaper for the measurements to make sure the bigger ones would fit.
Then, fold each in half and cut a 4 inch diagonal to make the top of your envelope.
Here's the easy part.
Sew around all six sides with your serger.
If you do not have a serger, you can always sew around it with your regular machine, then finish it off with bias tape.  There are so many pretty bias tape colors to use.  I bet it would look awesome!
Now it kinda looks like a house.
Now you sew it up envelope style.
Add the Velcro...
It's simple to sew on, even after it is constructed.
Now you have a cute and stylish way to bring a diaper and wipes anywhere.  I leave one in the car at all times, because, you never know!
:D



Linked to   Sew Much Ado
                  Mommy by Day Crafter by Night
                  Sugar Bee Crafts





1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)