...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Monday, September 24, 2012

~White Paint is Magic~ (Part II)

Here is another lovely white paint makeover.
I don't know if I ever told you, but my house is really small.  Really, really small.  Like 900 sq ft small.  And we have 5 people living in it.  It is so hard to get alone time in a house this small....but I digress.  I thought I needed to brighten up the house by changing all my decor from dark brown to white.  This is what the frame wall looked like before...
(It looked good, but I wanted lighter and brighter)

 
 
 
 

The walls are a nice neutral latte color(who doesn't love lattes.)
And the white frames are really going to look great.
A couple of years ago I hosted Thanksgiving at my house, and my great hubs painted all of the walls in 2 days. I guess that's one benefit to a small house. Anyway, we painted all the windows white so they would all match too. Some were wood, others were white. It was very mis-matchy. :)
Here's the frame wall now...

I finally added a copy of the family pic we had done in March!
(I'm such a slacker sometimes)
I think the wall looks great!  I am now going to add some small pops of color to it.  I have a chipboard "P" that I am going to do something with and a couple more small pictures to put up, but you get the idea right?
It really is amazing what some white paint can do.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)