...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fabric Easter Eggs

 
 
I found this product inspiration on Pinterest.  If you don't follow me on Pinterest, you should.  I have been pinning stuff like crazy for a long time.  And it's good stuff, not just junk.  But I digress...
I went to the site for these and there was no tutorial, so I thought I'd wing it and if they ended up cute, I would share them with you.
 
Step 1
Cut out 2 egg shapes, one a tad bigger than the other.
I like to use recycled cereal and food boxes b/c it makes a sturdier pattern.  :)
 
Step 2
Cut out(using the smaller egg) lots of colorful fabric eggs.
Scraps work great for this!
 
Step 3
Cut out( using the bigger egg) enough white fabric eggs for the backs.
I used batting type fabric b/c it is what I had on hand.
Fleece or felt would work too.  I liked the crisp white too, it looks more egg-y(is that even a word?).
 
 Step 4
Layer the front and the back and sew almost all the way around the egg.  Leaving a space to insert the dowel rod.
Like so.
 
I think they turned out so very pretty.  I tossed some Easter grass in a hurricane and tied it up with a pretty bow!  All set for Easter.  This is the perfect centerpiece for my dining room table.
 

 
Hurricane glasses are good for all kinds of uses.  I use mine for almost every holiday.  Candy corn for Halloween, ornaments for Christmas.  I used beads here for St Patrick's Day, and you could also put eggs in it for Easter.  Just so versatile...Lemons and apples are good for summer, etc, etc, etc.  You get my drift.  :)
 

 
Thanks for reading!!
:)


10 comments:

  1. Okay, love this! Going down to dig through my fabric stash right now. I'd really love it if you'd add this my Oldie's link party! http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/03/an-oldie-but-goodie-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite and I'm glad you liked them. :) Thanks so much for reading too.

      Delete
  2. This are super cute! Love them :) What a great idea for all that extra fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea. I love it, very creative! I guess it's time for me to dust off the sewing machine and get to work. Stopping by from Sugar Bee :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and I love the fabric you used :-) Pinning now!

    Hannah ♫
    Sew Lah Tea Dough

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)