...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Super Easy Baby Drool Bib

 
My neighbors recently had a baby.  A boy.  He's so cute(I've only seen pics so far...but he is).  She didn't need anything(or so she said) so I decided to make her some cute little drool bibs.  Just like I did for my son when he was born, because let's face it, you can never have too many drool bibs.  :)
I made each side a different color because it it more fun and more versatile.
 
I found a bib pattern online here, or here, or you can make your own by tracing a bib you like.
I first cut out one of each color fabric.
 
 
Then I put the fabric shapes right sides together and sewed all the way around leaving a 2 inch opening for turning.
 
 
There is the opening^^^
Next I used my turning tool to get nice crisp corners and get it all ready to be ironed.
 
 
When you iron, make sure you fold in the opening and iron it flat.  That makes it really simple to sew closed.
 
 
There it is all flat and pretty.
 
 
I sewed the bib shut and then all the way around with a zigzag stitch for decoration.  You can use whatever stitch you want.  I started with the opening.
 
 
The zigzag looks really cute on this one.  I also used contrasting color thread to make the stitches more decorative.
 
 
After it is all stitched you can add the Velcro closure.  I use no-snag Velcro so the bib wont scratch baby's sensitive skin.
 
 
Here's a few more that I made for her.  I hope she likes them.
The best part?
One bib takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, so if I can do it, you can too.
 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hola soy Marga vivo en España y sigo tu blog hace tiempo ,me gusta mucho las cosas que haces y e visto este babero tan bello y quería enseñarte como hago yo para poner el cierre para mi a sido todo un descubrimiento encontrar esta maquina de poner snaps y quiero mostrártelo por si no lo conoces , te dejo n link a mi blog y un link de la maquina que me refiero --

    http://locosoyo.blogspot.com.es/


    http://snapclic.es/snap-plier-alicate-aplicador

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)