...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Family Wedding Frame

First of all, let me say
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there...

A few years ago my grandmother on my mothers side decided to move into a retirement home, and she had to clean out her house and downsize to get all her stuff into her new apartment.  So one day she brought over a big plastic bag full of photographs.  It had pics of my mom, my uncle, and even some of me and my brothers when we were little.  It was really neat to look at all the old photos.  But, I have to say that my favorites were the wedding photos.
My mom and dad looking all young...too young to even be married.  My grandpa and his first wife, Patty.
These beautiful old photos gave me an idea.
I wanted to display them.  Somewhere the kids could see them, and where I could look at them everyday.
My entryway, right by the keys, in the living room.
I also wanted to display photos from my brothers and my wedding.  See the empty spot?  That is for my brother who is not yet married.  He's engaged though, so it will be filled up soon (I hope).
Top center is me and my hubs, top right is my brother and Mary. Bottom left is my moms parents, bottom center is my dads parents, and bottom right is my parents.
I had the mat specially cut at Hobby Lobby to fit the pictures that I had.  The "Now and Forever" is a scrapbook sticker I found that I thought tied it all together.
What do you think?
I love the way it turned out.
:D



                Sugar Bee Crafts



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)