...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bike Riding Baby

I was somewhat productive today! Yay!  I sewed some girl pants from an old dress, and I took the baby on a bike ride.  Then I posted some stuff to the Peoria Area Online Garage sale, oh yeah, and some nice lady came over and bought some other stuff.  It has been a nice day with just me and the baby.  It always is...when the others are home I can't get stuff done.  My husband does his thing, and thinks that I got the baby, and I do my thing and I think he's got the baby, when in actuality no one's got the baby. So the baby causes a ruckus.  The dd wants me to do everything she's doing, which is not possible, then I have to cook and clean up, etc, etc, etc.  I don't want to seem ungrateful, but it is so nice when everyone is at work or school.  Aaaaaahhhhhh...the nice quiet house.  Anyway, back to my day...I started out with a little bit of sewing.  I had intended for these pants to be capris for Reilly, but there just wasn't enough material, so I made them into a cute pair of 3t pants for my etsy shop here.  So some lucky little girl is going to get some soft comfy knit pants.  Then I decided on another project.  I have a little red dress that I made yesterday that needs a hood and a ruffle, but maybe tomorrow.  There is also another Halloween dress to do, and a fall dress for a giveaway.  Who doesn't love giveaways!  There is just not enough time in the day to get this all done. Whew!  And to top it all off I have to eat healthy? Wow. Sometimes I feel like I am just setting myself up for failure.  Yesterday we had an impromptu cookout with the neighbors.  It was nice. We had steak on the grill with Nana potatoes and watermelon and veggies with dip.  I have to say that the steak I ate was way too big, and the S'mores I ate for dessert didn't help either, but my one redeemer for the chocolate and marshmallows was the bike ride I took after everyone else had left.  It was so peaceful, gliding down the quiet twilight street.  So today I decided to take the baby for a ride.  We live right by part of the Rock Island trail(I think that is what it is called) so I thought I would ride up the street and get on it and ride to Knoxville and then back home.  Weeeeelllllll...I haven't ridden a bike in forever, and I am most definitely out of shape. out. of. shape.   We (I, he just got pulled) tried riding towards Knoxville, and I guess it's on a slight grade.  So no gliding for me.  I was breathing hard and sweating profusely, it was pretty funny if you ask me.  I couldn't take it anymore and turned around to go the other way towards Glen.  That was much easier.  Finally when we got back to our street I was so wiped out that I had to walk the bike up the street.  My legs were so tight and burning.  I got the baby out of the trailer and my legs about gave out on me!  Lol, I'm going to have to take this biking thing slow I guess, but I've made a good start.  Now he's asleep and the house is really quiet until about 3:20 when the big kids come bursting through the door excited to tell me all about their days.  My dd wants me to go on a ride with her this afternoon.  I'm not sure how far we will ride, but I will make my best effort.  Now I've gotta rest up for that later...
My thoughts exactly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)