...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Run Forrest Run

I've finally decided on a course of action for my life.  And I have an awesome goal, a year in the making.  I'm taking up running again, and I want to run in the Pumpkin Classic next fall.  That is my goal.  I've never ran in a race before, but I figure better late than never.  I'm really freaked out by this, but I am determined to do it.  I used to be a runner.  When I was in college at ISU I would run 1mile a day and 2 miles every other day, and time a mile once a week.  Believe it or not I could run a mile in 8 and a half minutes!  This from the girl who barely walked a mile in high school.  I had a great coach and motivator.  Which brings me to my new coach and motivator, my little brother, Nick. There he is after finishing the Pumpkin Classic on 9/17.  I am so very proud of him, and hopefully next year it will be me at the finish line with that great sense of accomplishment on my face.  In fact my first run is going to be tonight after work.  My brother is coming to get me and he said he would run/walk with me, but I'm not sure how fun that will be for him.  I'm really hoping that I don't die tonight because this is the first time I've really worked out in FOREVER.  I know I'm really out of shape too, because I get winded walking up an incline.  So please wish me luck on my new endeavor, and remember that I;m determined, and if I can do it, anyone can.   

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)