...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Friday, September 9, 2011

Ikea, here I come.

I want to start out this post with a realization...I was getting ready for work yesterday and I was putting on lotion when I realized that my skin felt different.  I guess it's something that only a fat person notices, but my skin felt more together.  Like it wasn't so stretched.  You see, lately I've been feeling very tight.  Almost like it had gotten so big that it didn't want to stretch anymore and I was going to burst.  It's actually a really good feeling!  It really makes me feel like all this hard work is paying off finally.  I haven't weighed myself in a week or so, but my scrubs are even looser so I must be doing something right.  I've been very creative lately and to promote my little etsy shop, I'm participating in a giveaway on a blog in Oct.  I made this adorable fall dress to give away to hopefully new fans (and customers).  I have debated on making one for my daughter, because she thinks she is grown and sometimes kinda picky.  Sometimes.  Most of the time she still likes the stuff I get her. I'm

lucky that way.  I really love creating things. Especially for the ones I love.  Which brings me to my newest endeavor...tomorrow I'm going to an Ikea store.  It will be my first trip.  I'm so very excited!  I have already went online and shopped to my hearts content and made a list and printed it out!  I'm such a dork sometimes!  But, I'm being very proactive this year, and I'm starting teacher Christmas gifts super early.  I've got a great idea for some Ikea stuff, for example, that stuff right there.   I'll let you know how it turns out.  Cute, hopefully!
Those are such a steal at $0.49 for the whole set too.  That's what I use at my house so as to not scratch the non-stick coating on my pots and pans.(Which I need new ones anyway, but that's another post)  I'm hopefully getting a stand mixer today too. I'm very excited about it, because i have never had one before.  This should make baking so much easier(I hope)and more fun.  I love to bake, but I hate to mix the batter.  Reilly will enjoy it too.  She loves to help in the kitchen.  Maybe everyone else will get baked goodies for Christmas?  Do you hate me because I'm planning for Christmas already?  I hate me sometimes.  I get all my shopping done so early that sometimes I keep adding stuff and spend waaaayyy toooo much.  Last year I was great because I stuck to a budget.  Each kid only got a certain amount spent on them.  I'll tell you more about that in a later post though.  We're driving to Chicago, so we have lots of trunk space for all the cheap little trinkets we're going to buy.  I'm getting some serving dishes, and picture frames(I heart picture frames).  A hanging swag light for Reilly's room, and a pop-up tent for the baby to play in(again, for Christmas) and serving trays, and all kinds of neato stuff!  I'm really, really, really excited!  I'm also hoping that I don't spend too much....and, I was told that Ikea serves Swedish Meatballs. YUM.  I love Swedish meatballs.  I hope I don't gorge myself with a ton.  I guess if maybe I do I will be walking it off shopping, right?  Or downtown on Sunday?  I won't be posting much for the weekend, due to being out of town, but I will post pics when I get back, and I will let you know how Ikea went, and If you don't hear from me that means I died and went to Ikea Heaven(if only).  Ttyl....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)