...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Monday, October 31, 2011

Candy is the Death of Me

OMG, I swear, this holiday is going to be the death of me!  I just can't seem to avoid the candy!  It's everywhere!  Seriously. 
Everywhere.  They should change the name to Candypalooza.  Every day this week some patient or other had a big pumpkin full of candy.  Why do people think that sick people need candy?  Is is going to make them better?  I know! " It's the miracle cure!  Eat candy and be well!" (said very sarcastically by me)  So I guess the patients all felt the need to share with me!  It's hard enough for me to avoid candy on my own, let alone when people are shoving it into my face!  So...I caved.  And I ate some.  Well, not just some, but a ton.  Every person that offered me some I said "Sure!  Love some! Thanks!" or "Oooooo, butterfingers are my favorite!" or "I love me some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!"  What the heck was I thinking!!  I probably would have put myself into a sugar coma if  I had eaten another piece yesterday!  So far today I have had NONE!  I have a couple of giant bags too, to hand out to Trick-or-Treaters.  I'm taking the kids out tonight too, so that counts as exercise, right?  I recently discovered a new inspiration last weekend.  My sister-in-law has lost 55 lbs since last year.  We went walking together last Thurs and it was nice to have someone to talk to as I walked.  I would've jogged with her, but I didn't have my jogging shoes on.  And that is important.  I don't want to hurt my feet.  So...the world would be a much skinnier place without candy...me included!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)