...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Friday, March 23, 2012

Easy Peasey Fabric Hairbow


I've recently discovered that creating stuff is A LOT easier than blogging about it afterwards.
I made this super cute dress and bloomers for a friends kid and she asked me if I could make a bow to go with it.  I'm not real good with the ribbon bows, unless it is simple, so I opted for a fabric version!
The best part...
it's sew easy that I could make tons of them!
(too bad Ry won't wear them anymore!)
So, all I did was use a scrap pf fabric left over from the dress.  I'm also working on one that has no sewing involved!  That will be awesome!!
This is a picture tutorial, so not a lot of typing for me
(except on the pics)









 This was actually taken before I ironed.
It did look better after.  :)



 When I fold it, notice that I always face the top and bottom seams to the back.  It just looks better that way.

 Be sure to cover the end of the fabric with hot glue, so it won't fray.



Thanks for reading and happy creating!

:D


I link up to 
                       Bowdabra Bows Link Party
                       Sugar Bee Crafts Take-a-Look Tuesday
                       Mommy by Day, Crafter by Night Ta-Da Tuesday


2 comments:

  1. Wendy,
    We LOVE your adorable bow tutorial. Please stop over and link up any of your post with bows/ribbon into our National Craft Month Ribbon & Bow Link Party for March

    http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/03/14/bowdabra-celebrates-national-craft-month-with-a-linky-party/

    We are now following you on Pinterest and can't wait to see what you pin!

    Have a great week, Susie at Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress & bow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your project at Jillify It!

    I hope you will come back again next Tuesday to share more of your creations!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)