...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let's go for a Walk(finally)

Blood Pressure Chart
Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I got up early and got a whole bunch of stuff done. Yay!  I baked some gooey brownies for my family then it was off to work.  I was kind feeling a tad dizzy yesterday, but I figured it was just the vertigo being cheeky again so I took a pill and forgot about it.  As the night progresses I kept feeling even more dizzy and just kinda funny.  I felt tired and like all my limbs were weighed down.  It was kinda freaking me out.  I was wondering if somebody had spiked my kool-aid.  One of my co-workers asked me if I was tired because I sounded that way on the phone.  I kept hoping that I wouldn't fall down or hit my head on the wall...because that was how I was feeling.  Then I has an "aha" moment!  Low blood pressure can cause all these symptoms.  Dizziness, lethargy, confusion, I had all of them.  I have yet to call the doctor today, but I'm not going to be surprised when my BP is low.  I still feel the same way this morning, not quite as bad though.  As of yesterday my healthy eating plan is back to normal.  I had one piece of toast with butter for breakfast, an egg salad sandwich for lunch with a 1 inch brownie square for dessert, and a chicken breast with mixed veggies with an apple for dinner.  Later at work I ate a glazed doughnut because I thought I needed the energy(turns out it wasn't just tiredness).  Anyway, I've decided not to completely cut myself off from sugar because it would make me insane, I'm just not eating candy.  Candy was the number one worst thing I ate.  Once I started I couldn't stop.  I would eat all of what I had then search the house for more.  No wonder I'm fat and unhealthy!  Now that the heat has subsided I'm going to take the kids for walks with me. In fact, I think we will go on one later today.  Maybe we will walk up to the grocery store and get some more bananas(and some diet Pepsi).  Walking is a great form of exercise.  Any walking you do in your everyday life doesn't count though.  It has to be above and beyond the normal routine.  Even just 30 minutes 3 times a week is helpful.  Hopefully the weight loss I've achieved so far will continue, and be sped up by my walking!  I'm going to let Reilly take the camera and take pictures along the way.  I'll post some tomorrow! Here's a funny cartoon I found for you!  That would be my hubby and son!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)