...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Monday, August 8, 2011

Comfortable Eating


Yummy French Fries
Good Morning, and Happy Monday!  I'm still recovering from being sick, and let me tell you something.  When I was sick I didn't give two shakes what I ate.  I know, this is not good for a healthy lifestyle, but I haven't been this sick in forever.  It has been almost 7 days.  I really hate being sick too.  I haven't taken a shower since Friday nor changed out of my pajamas.  I'm probably pretty nasty smelling by now, and I bet my hubby was relieved to back to work today.  My eating habits were so poor while I was sick, I wouldn't be surprised if I gained some of that weight back.  But I really hope not.  I didn't eat tons of food, I just ate the wrong foods.  I was feeling crappy, so I wanted comfort food.  What do you consider your favorite comfort food?  I like carbs, and french fries.  So I ate them.  On Sat night my husband got me some french fries and a buffalo wrap.  Not the best, but oh so yummy.  Yesterday we ordered Avanti's delivery...gondolas.  Another personal favorite that's oh so bad for me.  Do you know how much sugar they put in that bread? I bet you don't want to know!  So back to comfort foods.  What is a comfort food?  According to the Wikipedia dictionary comfort food is defined as "food that is simply prepared and gives a sense of well being; typically food with a high sugar or carbohydrate content that is associated with childhood or with home cooking".  French fries might not be home cooking, but they sure make me feel better.  Until I think about what I just ate.  If I'm going to eat healthier I'm going to have to find different comfort foods. Or maybe I shouldn't limit myself on what I eat, maybe just on how much of it I eat.  Would I have felt better if I had only eaten 2 or 3 fries. 
Avanti's Gondola

Or did I really need all of them to make myself feel better (and ultimately worse).  As I look back on this week of sickness, I have a hard time remembering what I ate, because food wasn't my number one priority, it was feeling better.  So, I guess it doesn't matter anymore.  I ate to feel better, and now I do.  The excess fat and calories may or may not have been worth it, but today is a new day, and I'm back on track!  As long as I don't use "sick" as an excuse everytime I make poor food choices I will be ok.  Thanks for reading my ramblings!! oxox


1 comment:

  1. Oh girl...I've been sick literally for 8 months now. I'm pregnant and this is my 3rd so I should be used to it but no, this one has been bad. I'm sick or barfing all the time. And the only thing I want to eat is ice cream, french fries, and fried chicken. And unless this baby comes out weighing roughly 50 pounds I'm going to have some seriousl post baby slimming down to do.
    liZ
    (simplesimonandco)

    and ps---French fries are totally my comfort food to.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)