...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DOH-nuts!

Mmmmmm...doughnut...
I am the best/worst mom ever!  Yesterday I had a doctors appt.  You all know how hectic it can be to get all of the kids ready to go somewhere at the same time: this time I had to be there at 7:30 am.  I know, crazy early, right!  I was so late I didn't get to feed them before we left.  They were so well behaved while I was at the doctors office that I thought they deserved a reward.  It's not easy to sit and wait for you mom to get done with her Dr's appt, and have absolutely nothing to do yourself.  So on the way home I stopped at Kroger's and got them, dun dun dun, doughnuts.  I know, I know...definitely not the best choice, but way better than a bagel.  And they only had one each.  I had one too.  And that's it.  I only ate one doughnut for breakfast!  Before the Food War that was unthinkable.  I would've eaten the doughnut, and all sorts of other things, possibly some fast food! *gasp*  So, this is a real win situation for me!  My vertigo is slowly receding and I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself, rather than this crazed sick monster that I was for the past week.  YAY!   So, let's get back to why a doughnut is better than a bagel.  Bagels are very dense, which means that there is more stuff inside a bagel.  Compare that to a doughnut, with all that air and space inside and you can start to picture it, right.  Eating one bagel with cream cheese is comparable to eating 5 or more slices of bread! Holy Cow! So those bagels I had for dinner weren't really that good for me.  Oh well, the past is in the past!!  The doughnut does have more sugar, but the bagel has wwaaaaayyy more carbs.  For me, the diabetic, cutting carbs is the way to be healthier.  The typical doughnut has 20 g of carbs compared to the typical bagel at 71g!!! Unbelievable!!  From now on, I can say that I will definitely skip bagels(unless its those bagel thins, those are pretty good) but I may have a doughnut every now and again...because doughnuts are yummy.   As far as the rest of the day...pretty uneventful. a PB&J for lunch, and a chicken breast with baked sweet potato bites for dinner.  The cafeteria had no apples(I know, it made me sad)  so I had some cantaloupe.  Because this is about me getting healthy.  All this talk about food is making me hungry, that's what I get for blogging before breakfast!!  I'm going to go eat now.  I'd like to leave you with a picuture of my family at the beach in Florida, which is where we had our vacation in June.  Today looks to be a beautiful day here in the Midwest, so I may have to go outside and play with my kids!
This is where I would like to be...Indian Shores Beach, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)