...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dirty Rotten Cheater!

Well everyone, yesterday was the 2 week anniversary of the Food War, and guess what? I was sick.  For anyone that knows me I am a big baby when I'm sick.  I laid in bed all day with the sniffles and a fever and a sore throat.  My lovely, helpful 9yr old daughter watched the baby for me most of the day and brought me hot tea that she made herself! She's so sweet when she wants to be.  I'm still not 110% today, but I couldn't sleep any longer this morning, so I thought I'd blog early today.  On Tues I was real good with my eating, For brunch(11:15 am) I took the kids out for Mexican food, always a fave, and then we went to the grocery store, and picked pork chops and California medley for dinner.   So good.  Dessert was sliced strawberries with whipped cream.  Did you know that whipped cream is a free food?  Does anybody even know what "free food" means? In the diabetes exchange rates a free food is on that has less than 20 calories and 5 grams of carbs per serving.  There are all kinds of lists out there that tell you what the free foods are, here are some of my favorites, carrots, eggs, whipped cream, strawberries, broccoli, green beans, spinach, tomatoes, cream cheese, yogurt, Swiss cheese, coffee and diet soda!!  There are tons more on tons of different lists all over the Internet, just google free foods and diabetes and they will pop right up.  It's nice to know that some things in life are still free huh?  Back to yesterday and my sickness...because I was sick I ate horribly yesterday.  Booo.  I had cereal for breakfast(too much) and a baked potato for lunch(not bad) and cereal for dinner.  Followed by some cheese and some(gasp!!) fruit snacks! Dun dun dun.  I felt horrible afterwards.  I knew I shouldn't eat them, but I really couldn't stop myself.  Which just goes to show you that my War with food is far from over, this was just one battle lost.  I used to keep a can of whipped cream in the fridge to eat when I got a sweet craving, but my husband and kids would use it too, so it was usually all out when I needed it, so I stopped.  I think I'm going to start that up again, and warn my family under penalty of death, not to eat any!  P.S.  I've noticed that when I look down at my tummy now, I'm starting to look just fat, not pregnant!!  Yay!  (I had a cna at work once ask me when I was due. (ouch!) I said no honey, not prego, just fat.  It was a sad day for me.)  Good Luck and have a lovely day!! Send get well thoughts my way too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)