...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Monday, October 8, 2012

Chevron Nightstand



I know I already did a post about nightstands earlier here, but I thought this one needed a bit of....something.
More pizazz
More "Look at me!"
So, I jumped on the Chevron bandwagon!
And I gotta tell you, I totally love it!
So subtle, so pretty, so...so...
I can't even think of a word for it! lol

 
 
Score!  I also learned how to use PicMonkey a little better.  I still don't like it as much as Picnik, but these edits are cool, and I figured out how to save to my computer.(Finally.)
 
 
 
This is what it looked like before.  Not terrible, but not super cute either.  It looks so much better now.
 
 
Here's a little peek at how it's done.  I basically did it the easy way.  I used painters tape as the ruler.
I started with the middle, I put on strip to the left so that the end of the tape was the exact middle of the drawer.
Then I did my first stripe from the bottom middle to the top corner.
I next used the tape width as the stripe width.
I painted several coats over the course of a couple days to get the desired look.  A wash out look would've been cool too.
(Drier brush, not a lot of coverage)
I used leftover paint from my other project here.
It is gray on white, and looks lovely in my living room.
My son wants a green dresser with a motorcycle on it.  I told him maybe.  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)