...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Shepard's Pie, it's what's for dinner...

This is my Shepard's pie.  It is very yummy.
Everyone in the family enjoys it.
I tried a few different recipes until I concocted my own.
It also a very easy supper.
You could make it ahead of time, then reheat it in the oven.
All the recipes said that it should be made in a pie pan, but that is just not enough food for my growing family.
We seem to eat a lot!
Here's the recipe.

1 lb ground beef (or turkey), browned
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 can cut green beans, drained
1.5 cups shredded cheese(any kind)
6 serving of mashed potatoes, prepared
1 cup sour cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

This recipe will fill a 9x11 glass pan, so if you are making less you can adjust the recipe accordingly.

1. Place the meat, corn and green beans on the bottom.
2. Sprinkle the cheese on top evenly.
3. Mix the sour cream into the prepared potatoes
4. Smooth the mashed potatoes across the top of it all and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 20 min at 350 degrees.
Voila!  Dinner!
That's it!  It's super easy and is super good.
Doesn't it make you want some?
It's also not terrible for the "healthy eating plan".
It's got meat, and veggies and cheese...
Cheese is dairy, right?
Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)