...where I share my life, craftiness and eating habits with the world...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Damask Tie

I got started on my kids Valentine's outfits.  They are getting their pictures taken on Saturday morning, and yesterday I came up with the great idea of making them matching "somethings" for their pictures.
The problem with that is there is such a big age gap.
2 and 9. Boy and Girl.
What do you make for a boy and a girl?
Well...
I had this very pretty damask fabric.  It's not super girly, right?  I actually have it in pink and red!
Yay for preparedness!
So I was trying to decide if I wanted to do a tie shirt, or a tie itself...I decided on a real tie. 
How handsome.
I found this super great tutorial at
I printed it out and got started.  And then I figured out that I'm not much of a hand sewer.  :(
In fact...
I kinda dislike it intensely.
Good thing I don't have to make a bunch of these ties!
Maybe Easter...and Christmas
(I could always re-use this one)

I put the pink on the inside...looks pretty cute if you ask me! (I know you didn't, and I'm not sure if I care.)  :P
He's going to look super cute in his pictures.

Mohawk and all!  He looks like Puck on Glee
(my favorite character)
Shhh, don't tell anyone.  :)


Tomorrow I will post my daughters shirt
After I finish it...  :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the tie! So cute and really well made. I need to give that tutorial a go! My son LOVES ties, and will wear them with tees too :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I am starved for attention. :)